MK50 Back Pressure Regulator
US manufactured MK50 has many of the same features as the MK60 Reducing Valve but the main difference is that it regulates/controls the upstream pressure. A high quality, long lasting valve which you can safely “set & forget”. Responds rapidly to pressure changes…….better control performance than most self-acting regulators…easily maintained and simple pressure adjustment in situ. Commonly used for Pressure Sustaining, Back Pressure control or as bypass valve for boiler feedwater. When installed in-line, they are used to guarantee upstream pressure to more critical services.
It is a robust, versatile, self acting valve that has sliding gate design (rather than conventional piston or plug and seat), has hard wearing Jorcote seats with class IV shut-off and Jorlon long life diaphragm. It is suitable to use with water, oil, gas, chemicals and steam. There are many variations to the basic model such as MK51 (high sensitivity, low droop), MK501 (high flow version) and MK50HP (high pressure version). In Bronze or DI version, valves have screwed ends BSPT, BSPP or NPT, WCB or 316ss valves can be threaded, socket weld, butt-weld or flanged to Ansi 150/300 or DIN PN10/16/25/40.
Maximum inlet pressure- BZ 3,400 kpa; DI 4,100 kpa; WCB/316SS 6,600 kpa
Maximum temp- BZ (260°C)/ DI/WCB/316SS (343°C)
Pressure Control ranges:
– MK50 ranges between 14 kpa-1,034 kpa)
– MK51 (ranges between 3 kpa-1,172 kpa)
– MK50HP 1/2″-2″ (ranges between 517 kpa-3,100 kpa)
– MK50HP 2″-4″ (ranges between 172 kpa-552 kpa)
* Options: Low flow trim in all sizes, special coated seats, 316SS or Monel diaphragm, cryogenic extension, Oxygen cleaned, salt water trim, Companion flanges for Bronze & DI valves, BSPP ends